COVID 19 Alberta
At Just Energy, we are actively monitoring the changing situation around COVID-19 and are taking measures to protect the health and safety of our employees. We understand our customers are concerned during this uncertain time and want to assure you of our commitment to providing uninterrupted customer service.
Deferred Payment Program
The Government of Alberta introduced a payment deferral program for impacted residents as part of their COVID-19 response, effective from March 18th to June 18th. For details on the payment deferral program, click here. For details on the Government of Alberta’s full CODIV-19 response, click here. Participants in the Alberta payment deferral program will be responsible for repayment of any charges accrued during the deferral period.
As of June 18th, deferral payment plan enrollments have concluded. If you are already a participant in the plan, please note:
1. Amounts invoiced prior to March 18th and currently past due will be due immediately.
- You are expected to pay this balance to avoid late fee penalties and/or service interruptions. Please reference past invoices to confirm if there are any balances owing prior to March 18, 2020. You can also access the portal to view your previous bills and make payments. If you have any questions, contact us at 1-866-587-8674.
- For the non-deferred balances, please continue paying your regular JE invoice
2. Commodity amounts billed between March 18, 2020 and June 18, 2020 (per the Utility Payment Deferral Program Act ):
- Commodity amounts will be split into 12 equal installments and invoiced monthly. Please refer to the ‘Deferred Amount Transferred’ line item which will be on your first invoice after June 18, 2020. Under the Utility Payment Deferral Program Act, the repayment period runs from June 19, 2020 to June 18, 2021, where an enrolled customer must repay the total amount that they deferred . You may visit the program website here for more information on your deferred balance.
- Effective July 2020, you will receive separate invoices for the deferred balance under a new account number. Each invoice will be for an amount equal to 1/12 of the total deferred balance plus any unpaid monthly deferred charges. You will be invoiced by email if we have a valid email address on file.
- Payments can only be made by credit card or check. Please note, you will not be able to make payments on the portal for your deferred balance. We will not be able to transfer funds between your active commodity invoice and the deferred balance if you pay the incorrect account. You may choose to pay off your deferred balance sooner than the 12 months if that is convenient for you.
- Call us at 1-855-840-9350 to make a payment towards your deferred amount.
- See your invoice for details if paying by check.
- You may incur a late fee penalty if the invoices are not paid by the due date.
Since the deferred amount will be removed from your regular invoice, you will not see this deferred balance as part of your amount owing if you were to login to your My Account portal. Only non-deferred balances will be charged on your JE account number moving forward.
IMPORTANT: If you are enrolled in the program, you will have two accounts with Just Energy – deferred and non-deferred. Please ensure payments are made to the correct account number as we will not be able to transfer funds if payments are made to the wrong account. If you have any questions regarding your charges or paying your invoices, we encourage you to contact us at 1-855-840-9350.
All customers will be responsible for keeping their account in good standing, regardless of mail disruptions. Because there could be longer than desired wait times to speak to an agent, we strongly encourage the use of Just Energy’s self-service options available on the My Energy World online account page here. Customers without an online account can use the link and select “Register”.
From the My Energy World online account, customers can view and pay their bill, read bill explanations and access service information. We strongly recommend our customers transition to electronic account communications when possible. By providing your email address, we can conveniently deliver your bills to any device. Please visit our Alberta Portal to update the account information here. In the event that there is an interruption to customer service at one or more of our call centers, we would like our customers to be prepared by enrolling in any of our automatic payment programs listed on the “My Current Bill” page through the “Bills & Payments” menu in their My Energy World online account. Customers may select the Pre-Authorized Debit Plan, Internet/Banking option, or Mail option.
If you would prefer to pay your bill by phone, please call our automated system at 1-866-253-6480.
If you have any questions, please refer to our FAQ here.
For additional information about COVID-19, visit the Public Health Agency of Canada here.